Are you wondering about the benefits of installing fiber optics for you or your business? Indeed, it is at the heart of the telecommunications revolution because it offers more efficient internet access! For example, compared to ADSL, it allows for one hundred times greater data transfer.
Noxent installs fiber optics in order to provide a fast and reliable computer network to its customers. But what is fiber optics, specifically? What are its advantages, particularly for businesses?
The advantages of fiber optics for businesses
This technology is a real driving force of the digital revolution—so much so that the Canadian government wants to deploy ultra-high speed. For its part, the French government also wants to provide all its citizens with fiber optics.
Fiber optic is fast and symmetrical
Its major asset is its speed, which is both very fast and symmetrical.
- Speed: Once installed, it offers a very high speed. In use, this means stable and powerful internet browsing, faster downloads, and very high image quality.
- Symmetry: While the speed of ADSL is lower in transmission than reception, it is the same for sending and receiving files with fiber optics.
Fiber optic improves business performance
Here are some of the many advantages of fiber optics for improving business performance:
- Access to new ultra-high-speed services such as the cloud, which helps facilitate data storage;
- Reduced costs and increased turnover;
- Increased connection reliability (stability, speed, etc.);
- Increased business data security thanks to fiber optics, which doesn’t emit violable signals.
What are the characteristics of fiber optics?
Much like ADSL, fiber optics is used to access the internet. It is the newest and most powerful of the two computer cabling solutions.
From a material standpoint, fiber optics is a cable made from fiberglass or plastic wires. Conversely, ADSL is based on copper cables.
The system of this innovation offers a very high connection speed. For example, ADSL can achieve a data transmission capacity of between 1 and 15 Mbps, compared to at least 300 Mbps for fiber optics.
How does fiber optics work?
Fiber optics allows light to be transported between locations separated by thousands of miles. Via the light signal, the data transfer is therefore greatly optimized by traveling at the speed of light over a long distance.
The different types of fiber optics
Before installing fiber optics, it is important to differentiate the two types of technology that are sometimes confused:
- Fiber to the Home (FTTH): Exclusively fiber-based, the internet connection is very fast.
- Fiber to the Last Amplifier (FTTLA): Here, the connection is hybrid. It is fiber to the foot of the building, then copper.
Because the speed of FTTLA is lower, operators are now required to make the distinction.
The steps involved in the installation
Fiber optics installation requires following a three-step process:
- Eligibility: The line must be able to receive ultra-high-speed internet.
- Choose an offer: This involves subscribing to an offer from an operator.
- Connection work: Qualified technicians carry out the installation.
For structured cables installation, contact Noxent
Noxent has been delivering exceptional services for twenty years. Place your trust in us for the installation of structured cable systems. If you want to learn more about our expertise in fiber optics for business or to request a quote, don’t wait any longer.